Sunday, 14 May 2017

"Kiss" 49andMarket Design Team Creation


"The best thing to hold onto in life is each other"

Hello and welcome........

I am back today to share with you my next creation
"Kiss"
I have used a very precious photo of my hubby and myself from our wedding day quite a few years back now. So many memories come flooding back when I look at this photo. The things that happened surrounding this photo makes me smile. All the things that you hope and pray doesn't happen on your wedding day that does. But you move right along and you know it doesn't really matter that there is rain falling from the sky or that your jewellery strap on your new wedding gown has just broken in two. All the things that make me smile. These are the things you can't see but what I remember! But what I remember most of all is the the beautiful day spent with this man that I still love madly and deeply today.
So okay enough about me reminiscing. Moving right along. My starting point for this creation really was these two amazingly gorgeous pieces of patterned papers from the Scents of Nature collection. I was immediately drawn to Paradise, but decided on cutting it up for additional elements to add to my backing page of Hold on Me.
Hold on Me was used as my background page. It was simply dressed with Clear Gesso and stenciled with a Damask Stencil from the Dusty Attic. I used some Crackle Paste through the stencil and once it was dried I made a brew of tea and coloured my background page to give it that slight aged look.

I have to make a confession about this layout. I pulled out three packs of these gorgeous Shimmer and Shine collection flowers and pretty much used every single one of them. I just couldn't resist. They are the perfect accompaniant for these gorgeous patterned papers. You really can't go wrong. I gave them a little whitewash of gesso before adding them to take down the colour a little. Some I cut in half a to make them go a little further too.

I added in one of my favourite Dusty Attic Sentimental quotes to this page. These are a great addition to any layout.

Here you can see the layering of flowers and long stemmed roses which I looooooooooove. The fern leaves were cut into several pieces again to make these go a little further.

The birdcage and the birds were as previously stated cut from Paradise. I wanted to fit the whole birdcage in but I just couldn't make it work, so half of it had to do. I have also layered some more of the lace around it.

And again from another view. You can see more of the colouring of the steeped tea above.
Below I have listed the other materials used for this project for your convenience.

Other Materials Used

Shimmer and Shine Blush Melange
Shimmer and Shine Blush Jardin
Dusty Attic Damask Stencil
Dusty Attic Title "Kiss"
Dusty Attic Pearls
Dusty Attic Sentimental Quote
Lace Trim
Lace Motif
Extravagance Crackle White
Art Basics Heavy Gesso
Liquitex Clear Gesso
Distress Ink Walnut Stain and Ground Espresso
Well that is all from me today.
I hope you have enjoyed my last two days of projects. I will be back again next my with my next instalment. Until then please take good care of yourselves.
Big hugs
Tina xoxo