Monday 27 March 2017

"Love you to the moon and back" - Maja Design DT Creation


Thank you so much for joining me here today. It has been a whole week since I last created and let's say I was totally needing to get a little crafty time in today! I am now at peace with myself and feel much more relaxed. So this is what I was doing to get to that relaxed feeling.......my next instalment of Maja Design.

"Love you to the moon and back"......


My gorgeous youngest and I have used this saying for as long as I remember. It is just our thing and it is very special to us! Although our version on "and back...." is repeated many times over until one of us wins. So cute! She has now entered high school this year and I thought that this special thing may now be over, but low and behold a few nights back she whipped it out, so it is only fitting that I use it here today, 


This new print of papers of Soferio are just stunning! I unfortunately did not ever see the first print of these papers so for me this was very new! And I was not disappointed not one little bit. In fact I went off on a tangent and created another little something something straight after......so one could say that I have the Soferio bug....lol ......



I liken these colours to lollies which......I love to work with at all times! And it was my great fortune that the same day that this Maja goodie box arrived, I also received a goodie box from 49andMarket with the newest range of Shimmer and Shine flowers. And wouldn't you know it they fit together perfectly!! It was a match made in heaven.


And the third thing that matched perfectly of course was my Dusty Attic chipboards..........they fit with everything!! My chipboards were dressed in gesso and Crackle Texture Pastes. They were inked and also I rubbed over a little Liquid Pearls with the matching colour "Blush". It also was a perfect match and funnily enough this is a new colour just out from Liquid Pearls. I love this colour it is just stunning.


I have used 49andMarket stamp sets (Ethereal and Line Stitch) both designed by the very talented Gabrielle Pollacco. The line stitch was powder embossed around the frame work of Enjoying the Fragrance. Once it was heat set I cut around the outside to create a wavy effect and distressed the edges. I also lightly ink the edges with Ground Espresso distress ink. The remainder of the background was stamped with the Criss Cross from Ethereal and I also used a Criss Cross Stencil from Dusty Attic with little texture paste to add to the background. This page was then layered ontop of Strolling down the rose path, which edges were also distressed and inked.


I used the same named papers from Soferio's 6 x 6 paper pack to do some matting for my photo. These were also distressed and lightly inked. Then I mounted these upon a heart arrangement of chipboards. I have listed these below for you along with everything else I used for your convenience. 
I so hope you have enjoyed your visit today....and thank you for taking the time to see my work here.

From the bottom of my heart....thank you. xxx




Materials List






Maja Design - Soferio - New Edition - Strolling down the rose path


Maja Design Soferio - New Edition - Enjoying the fragrance bs

Dusty Attic Fancy Accent #1623A

Dusty Attic Corner Swirl #1574

Dusty Attic "Love you to the moon and back" DA1190

Dusty Attic Pearls

Dusty Attic Stencil - Criss Cross

Lace - Miscellaneous pieces

49andMarket Shimmer and Shine Blush Melange

49andMarket Shimmer and Shine Ivory Melange

49andMarket Blush Jardin

49andMarket Gabi's Line Stitch Stamp Set

49andMarket Gabi's Ethereal Stamp Set
Distress Ink Ground Espresso
Ranger Texture Paste
Finnabair Art Basics Heavy Gesso
Finnabair Art Extravagance Texture Paste White Crackle
Liquid Pearls Blush
Versa Mark Ink
Embossing Powder Seafoam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017