Thursday 16 March 2017

"Everything beautiful has it's moment" - More Than Words Challenge Guest Design

A very warm welcome to you and thank you for joining me on this special occasion. Today I am very pleased to announce that I am Guest Designing this month at the "More than Words" Challenge. I was so excited when I first got the news, but at the same time I was so nervous. It has been a long time since doing a challenge for me. However when I saw the board I relaxed immediately. Everything on this board is just so me, wouldn't you agree.
So the rules for following this challenge correctly are:

The Main Challenge board contains a word inspiration and a creative challenge.
  • You must use the word as inspiration. We need to be able to see the word inspiration on your project. 
  • Along with the word inspiration, the board contains a creative challenge (technique, colour, product or other) that you must incorporate unto your project. 
  • The Main Challenge is open to layouts, canvases and art journal pages only.  No cards, tags, ATCs or OTPs are accepted.

So using the word BEAUTIFUL I chose to use a rub-on quote which I adore. It reads:

"Everything BEAUTIFUL has its Moment".

And for the remainder of the layout I chose to keep it all fairly simple and quite flat but there is plenty of layering with fussy cut elements and laces and ephemera, with of course the BUTTERFLIES tucked in and around the clusters.



For my background I have used some Texture Paste through a flourish stencil. Once it dried I coloured it with a little Distress Ink Walnut Stain. I also outlined my Dusty Attic chipboards with the Distress Stain after it was primed with a few coats of Gesso.


I have added in amongst my layers Tea Dyed Cheesecloth and gorgeous laces to help keep the layers separate.


And from another view.....


And another


That is all from me this evening. Remember if you are interested, you still have till the end of the month to enter. As always I have listed a full materials list for you below.

And before I leave I would like to thank all the ladies at More Than Words Challenges for a wonderful opportunity to create as a Guest Designer for their wonderful Challenge Blog. 


Until next time take care and happy scrapping.


Tina x



Materials List



Lemoncraft - House of Roses - Music of the Soul (background)


Lemoncraft - House of Roses - Labels 2

Lemoncraft - House of Roses - Old Letters


Lemoncraft - House of Roses - Tea Roses


Dusty Attic Ornate Scroll DA0765

Kaisercraft Rub Ons

Tim Holtz Collection TMHS032

Ranger - Texture Paste

Ranger Star Dust Stickles

Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Walnut Stain

Ink Nib and Pen

Lace Trim 1

Lace Trim 2

Tea Stained Muslin

Prima Marketing - Art Basics - Texture Paste - Antique Silver Crackle

Liquitex Clear Gesso

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017