Wednesday 24 February 2016

"Journey" Fabscraps DT creation (Vintage Elegance)

Hello and a very warm welcome to you.
Tonight for a change, I have a Fabscraps creation to share with you. It has been sometime since I have played with a Fabscraps collection. But alas my goodies box arrived earlier this week and I was very excited to have received three new collections. And of course I jumped the gun and started with this "Vintage Elegance" collection.......I am sorry but it had to be done. This layout has been titled
............."Journey"...........
I toyed with using a black and white photo of this particular photo for hours going backwards and forwards between the two. And I think what made my mind up in the end was that the gorgeous pink dress that my daughter was wearing really stood out once it was framed, but the black and white one looked great too!!


Now of course my starting point here was to cut every single flower and stem from one piece of patterned paper. Easy.....something that I love to do watching television or waiting for my children at extra curricular activities in the afternoons. Each of the flowers, stems and leaves have all been distressed lightly to get give it a shabbier look and take away any sharpness that there may have been left by my knife. I have also randomly inked some edges here and there with Black Soot Distress Ink.


So you can see here quite clearly that there are a number of layers of cut elements. I have simply popped a little mounting tape under some pieces and other pieces I have just used the hot glue gun to give them some height. 


The Fabscraps Chipboards pieces that I have used here have been cut from a larger scaled frame piece. Because the photo is taken from so far back you can only just see my daughter in the distance, so to make her stand out I have framed her again using this chipboard.


With the birdcages that I loooove ....I backed them with some patterned paper and cut a slit in the right side and slipped some of the cut elements through the paper to give the impression that they are growing through the cage. It was a little fiddley but I assure you that if you hold your tongue the right way it will work a treat! 


For the background paper I dressed it with Fabscraps gorgeous new Stencil from this collection. It was covered with a little texture paste and then a sprinkling of Lindy's Stamp Gang embossing powder (Orbit Olive Gold)........it is divine! Think it will be my new go to embossing colour...thank you Fabscraps! I have also sprinkled over a few splashes of Charcoal Glimmermist.


Now the chipboard title was originally "Our Journey". So of course this didn't fit with my page so I simply cut away the "our" and sanded back the chipboard to leave it smooth. This title has been wiped across the Black Soot Distress Ink pad a couple of times. I didn't want it to be a crisp black so I then sponged over the top of the ink with a little gesso .


And another view.


The Frame has been heavily dressed in Art Basics White Texture Paste. It has been so hot here of late that it really only takes a short time to dry and develop those generous cracks. I find the heavier the dressing the better the cracks.


Once the crackle paste had dried I then rubbed a little Black Soot Distress Stain over the frame randomly and then a little Star Dust Stickles to give it a little shimmer.

Well I really hope you have enjoyed being here tonight with me. I appreciate you popping in. Thank you so very much for taking the time. And don't forget to keep scrolling down for a complete list of the materials used for this project.
A step by step tutorial for this project will also be available very soon on the Fabscraps blog.

Until next time....take care.

Tina xo


Materials List


FabScraps - Vintage Elegance - 12"x12" Double Sided Patterned Paper - Gentleness
Fabscraps Vintage Elegance Gentleness x 2 Sheets

FabScraps - Vintage Elegance - 12"x12" Double Sided Patterned Paper - Friendship
Fabscraps Vintage Elegance Friendship

Fabscraps Vintage Elegance Chipboard Multi Frames DC84 001

Fabscraps Vintage Elegance Chipboard Vintage Lanterns DC84 010
Fabscraps Vintage Elegance Chipboard Our Journey DC84 007
Fabscraps  Stencil DS008
White Cardstock
Miscellaneous Wood Veneer Bird
Distress Ink (Black Soot)
Ranger Star Dust Stickles 
Lindy’s Olive Gold Embossing Powder

Wendy Vecchi Crackled Texture Paste
Liquitex Gesso
Glimmermist Lavender and Charcoal
Cheesecloth



No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017