Tuesday 8 December 2015

"Memories Documented" Dusty Attic Design Team creation using the December Mood Board

A very warm welcome and thank you for visiting here today. 

Tina here! I have my next Design Team creation for Dusty Attic using this months beautiful beautiful Moodboard. I nearly fell off my chair when I saw this and for so long I have waited to be able to create with these colour combinations. Although as usual I changed it up a little.


This is my interpretation of the mood board........"Memories Documented".

I looooooove using greens and browns and I instantly knew which paper collection would suit. And this particular one has been sitting very quietly in a pizza box under my desk waiting to be used for such a special occasion.


 I love to fussy cut floral and foliage images. Don't ask me why, because I just can't explain it. I also love the challenge of jigsawing all the pieces together to make them work on a page. 


After all the fussy cutting was done I dressed all my chipboard goodies with a layer of gesso and let them dry. This Dusty Attic Lace Border # 3 DA 1344 was dressed with a little Walnut Stain (only very lightly though) and then top dressed with a little of Rangers Star Dust Stickles to make it sparkle. It was cut and tucked in and under the top of the page where the first fussy cut piece sits.


As you can see here the remaining pieces of my Dusty Attic goodies were dressed with coatings of distress inks. Some were drawn on and for some I just used my finger to apply colour and blend them together. A rather good coating of Dusty Attic's Dusty In Colour Clear Crackle Varnish gives this end result with these cracks. I love it. I always leave it to dry naturally as I feel a better outcome is achieved. A good coating of gesso was then rubbed into each piece to highlight cracks in certain areas and then the remaining gesso was wiped off. Below are the other Dusty Attic goodies which I have used for this page.


French Flourish 2 pack DA 0273


I have used the French Flourish top and bottom of the journal cut out shapes to frame it.


My wonderful husband has happily cut in half a bundle of wooden spools so as they sit flatter on my pages. These spools have been wound with a fine twine and inked and dry brushed with gesso. The added Tim Holtz metal embellishment fractions are just so cute I couldn't resist. It has also been inked and dry brushed with gesso.


These Dusty Attic titles are just so cute and a perfect size to sit on a journal card. I have added a little of Ranger's Star Dust Stickles to make this sparkle and shine.


Here you can see the fussy cut elements intertwined with the Dusty Attic foliage. I have used two sizes of the Dusty Attic foliage to give a more realistic feel to the page. They are as listed below. 


Dusty Attic Foliage #2


Leafy Stem #5 DA 1144

Dusty in Colour Clear Crackle Varnish

Dusty In Colour - Clear Crackle Varnish

Well that is all from me today. So hope you enjoyed this layout.
Remember you have until the end of December to upload your interpretations of this months
 mood board.

Until next time.....happy scrapping.

Tina xx

Tina Ollett

Other Materials Used

Lemon Craft House of Roses Collection 

Dwustronny papier do scrapbookingu, Dom Róż - Herbaciane róże

Lemon Craft House of Roses - Tea Roses

Dwustronny papier do scrapbookingu, Dom Róż - Czas płynie

Lemon Craft - House of Roses - Time Flies

Scrapbooking paper, House Of Roses, Labels 2

Lemon Craft - House of Roses Labels 2

Stack of basic scrapbooking papers - House of roses
Lemon Craft -Stack of basic Scrapbooking Papers - House of Roses - PBD 006

Prima Marketing Inc. Flowers
Prima Marketing Inc. Resin (Clock)
Wooden Sewing Spools
Hessian Twine
Liquitex Gesso
Tim Holtz Metal Embellishment Fractions
Ranger Distress Inks (Walnut Stain , Vintage Photo and Forest Moss)
Sanding Block
Distresser




No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017