Wednesday 26 August 2015

"Only as much as I dream".- August Design Team creation for The Scrapbook Store

Hello and welcome once more.
Today I have another Design Team creation for The Scrapbook Store.
This month I have been using Bo-Bunny's "Penny Emporium" collection and I am totally in love with these papers. So very versatile.
My inspiration for this layout has come purely from the photo. Even though this may not be the clearest of photos it has to be a favourite of mine. It, as most of my photos are, from quite a large series of similar photos. But what I love about it is of course is the memory behind it. All Cydne wanted to do this day on the swing was to touch the clouds! And try she did and so I merrily clicked away while she pushed herself back and forwards for quite a time until she decided that it may not happen today.......maybe when she is older and bigger.........a beautiful memory for me.




I have titled this layout "Only as much as I dream" which was taken in part from the quote which
 I have hand written. It reads:

Only as high as I reach
can I grow
Only as far as I seek 
can I go
Only as deep as I look 
can I see
Only as much as I dream
can I be......



For the biggest part of this layout is the fussy cutting. Something I love to do to pass the time whilst waiting in the car waiting for my children at extra curricular activity afternoons. Sometimes I am there for a couple of hours.
And I must say this has to be one of the harder pieces I have ever selected to fussy cut. I use a glass EK Sucess Mat and a very sharp craft knife to do the job. I find the blade slides nicely across the glass.......just be careful not to get your fingers in the way. I find my blade stays sharper for longer on the glass too.





I think these Dusty Attic Wrought Iron Fence Borders have to be a favourite of mine at the moment. I have done several layouts from the one piece of chipboard. I just simply cut whatever I need from it!These pieces here have been dry brushed with gesso and then inked with a little Vintage Photo distress ink to give it an aged look.


And again....


I had a rub-on quote to use for this layout and unfortunately I think it has seen its use by date, hence it didn't work so I have used my own handwriting instead.


Some more Dusty Attic .......this time Branches. These are just gorgeous. And I have also used some of Prima Marketing Inc.'s newest floral to co-ordinate with the layout. These are from the Coy Adelle collection.


This chipboard.......Dusty Attic title has been dressed with Liquid Pearls Platinum. I have also added in a few rhinestones to bling the page a little and make it prettier.

Well that's all from me today.
I so hope you have liked today's layout. I have listed a materials list below for your convenience. All products used for this layout are also available online from The Scrapbook Store.

Until next time happy scrapping.

Tina xxx



I design for the Scrapbook Store.



Materials Used

Bo Bunny - Penny Emporium - 12"x12" Double Sided Patterned Paper - Imagination

Bo-Bunny "Penny Emporium" - Imagination x 2

Bo Bunny - Penny Emporium - 12"x12" Double Sided Patterned Paper - Bazaar

Bo-Bunny "Penny Emporium" - Bazaar x 1/2


Dusty Attic Branches and Berries #DA0729

mini Birdhouses

Dusty Attic Mini Birdhouses #DA0706

Wrought Iron Fence border

Wrought Iron Fence Border #DA0176

Word Pack #17

Word Pack #17  #DA1273
Prima Marketing - Flowers - Coy Adelle
Prima Marketing Inc. Flowers - Coy Adelle
and
2 x Doilies
Cheesecloth
Teabag
Sharpie Fine point Pen (Black)
Rhinestones
Liquitex Gesso
Ranger Stardust Stickles
Platinum Liquid Pearls









No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017